Selasa, 14 September 2010

best umbrella base i've ever had

Shademobile Rolling Umbrella Base Bronze

Shademobile Rolling Umbrella Base Bronze

I bought one of these rolling umbrella stands last summer to use on our wooden south-facing deck. First you have to buy the sand and bricks to create the weight. You put them in the stand according to the diagram, then finish the assembly. It took a while to put together. There were so many screws that I got blisters from the screwdriver. When it was finished it was VERY heavy. It holds a tilting market umbrella perfectly steady. I keep the wheels unlocked all the time so I can roll it around without the bother of bending down to unlock them. It never moves in the unlocked position unless I want it to. It takes an effort to push it, and you have to get the hang of how to steer it. It can only go in 2 directions, so if you want to turn it you have to go back and forth until you are going in the right direction. But it is worth the hassle because you can push it wherever you want when you have mastered the steering. This year I am buying one for the pool deck. By the way, this thing is so heavy when assembled that we left it on the deck all winter. There is no way we could have carried it down steps to put in the garage. Giving 5 stars because the finished product is so useful and strong!

Get your Shademobile Rolling Umbrella Base Bronze Now!

8 komentar:

  1. We needed a stand to hold down a 9 ft. Umbrella that is free standing - no table. This was perfect because not only does it meet/exceed the weight needed to do this safely but it moves so you can put the umbrella where you need it. It was a great choice. Highly recommend it.

    BalasHapus
  2. This is an excellent product that exceeded our expectations! The best part is how easily it rolls around our patio. I was very pleased to see it hold up in windy conditions. Very solid construction. I am petite and not very strong but I can easily move and turn this stand. This is by far the best umbrella stand we have ever purchased.

    BalasHapus
  3. Simple, well built, easy to assemble, attractive, functional and does all that is supposed to do.

    The rolling system is easy to handle and locks in place. Great design.

    I am very satisfied and would highly recommend this product.

    BalasHapus
  4. This umbrella base rocks. I bought this base for a very large, freestanding umbrella (rectangular) on our deck (to shade my potted vegetables from the blistering South Texas sun). I was concerned that the base couldn't handle the top-heavy umbrella, but it's worked like a champ. We've had some very windy days, and it has held the umbrella perfectly. We do, of course, close the umbrella for bad weather, but this base has worked out very well for us. We've even used it at Halloween to support a "pumpkin scarecrow." Our scarecrow is very top-heavy, but it didn't move at all in this base.

    The wheels can be locked so the umbrella doesn't move around, and I've pretty much kept it locked in place. I recommend this base for any residential umbrella, especially if you don't have a table to support the umbrella.

    BalasHapus
  5. I thought the rolling umbrella base was a bit pricey; and still do. However, it is a wonderful idea. You can move the umbrella to different parts of the patio as opposed to the 'permanence' of the usual stationary stands. They can be moved, but it is a major effort. I will probably purchase a second one.

    BalasHapus
  6. i bought a 2" umbrella last summer and it wouldn't fit in any of my patio tables or umbrella bases so i went searching for an umbella base slightly larger than 2" to accommodate it. took me a year. i had to buy a new patio set also but that is another story. i hesitated to buy this base because of the price. i thought that was quite expensive but i finally just did it and i am glad i did. i got the bronze color and it looks beautiful with my patio set. instead of bricks or sand, i used an extra bag of landscape rocks i had left over from another project and they worked perfectly and no fitting problems. now you are going to need a power screwdriver because there are lots of screws to hold it together but it is solid and the wheels make moving it around very easy. it also adjusts to several sized umbrellas and it is easy to adjust. all in all, i'm very happy with the shademobile base. yes, it was pricey but it is a "forever" umbrella stand that i'll hand down to my kids.

    BalasHapus
  7. I use this stand at outdoor craft shows and it is wonderful. As the sun moves throughout the day, I can easily move the stand to reposition the shade where I need it. Great product.

    BalasHapus