Rabu, 24 November 2010

Solid, sturdy scratching post that my cats love!

SmartCat 3832 Ultimate Scratching Post

SmartCat 3832 Ultimate Scratching Post

I ordered this post primarily because of its size. This is a large scratching post, the top of it is even with the top of the back of my sofa. I really suspect the sofa was occasionaly still used as a scratcher because of it offered a bigger stretch than the small posts I'd made available.

After placing this post in a common location and moving one of the smaller rope wound posts to the side, I see the cats using it frequently, but also still see them using the small rope one as well.

In my attempt at cat mind reading:
1) Texture and feel: Excellent, as good or better than the back of the sofa.
2) Height: Ecellent, allows for big stretches.
3) Stability: the base is sufficiently large and firmly mounted that there's no fear that it is going to be tipped over.
4) Complaint: when reaching up high on the post to scratch, hind legs often get up onto the wide base of the post. The base of the post is smooth so that hind paws slip with no grip and the stretch feels uncomfortable and unstable. Carpet or other grip coating on the top of wide base would make for a much more stable hind paws for those long high scratchings.

Get your SmartCat 3832 Ultimate Scratching Post Now!

2 komentar:

  1. He get's on top of it but doesn't use it. He keeps scratching furniture couch/etc

    BalasHapus
  2. I can't even do it when hes asleep he will not let me touch his paws he bites and scratch me. They are really really long. One of my friends tried he wouldn't let her either and she can do her cats nails. What should I do I'm worried he even has a hang nail. Is there a scratch post he can do it himself?

    BalasHapus