Jumat, 06 Agustus 2010

Real quality, very well made

Bowflex 100300 SelectTech Dumbbell Stand

Bowflex 100300 SelectTech Dumbbell Stand

I purchased this with Amazon Prime and it was 20 bucks cheaper than the local sporting goods big box even with shipping. It arrived undamaged and is very well packed.

Assembly was pretty easy and straight forward. Not too many parts. It comes with an Allen wrench and a tool to tighten the bolts, but if you have a socket set and wrench (sorry I don't remember what size) it will make life simpler. The bolts and washers were well packaged and easy to identify.

The previous model of this stand had wheels I believe, but this one doesn't. Not a big deal. If you're lifting weights, you can pick this up and move it if you have to (Without the dumbbells of course). Several reviews mention an issue with the straps that hold down the base of the dumbbells. I did not have this issue, so maybe feedback worked and they fixed it. They snapped right on and I tightened down the bases just fine.

This unit is a great convenience to my back. I no longer need to reach down to the floor to adjust the weight, pick them up and set them back down. Purists may see some value in picking them up off the floor (extra leg work), but I think in the long run it will help with the life of the set as the act of putting them back on the base is a little more gentle than dropping them on the floor. Especially when you have a heavier weight setting. I use the 1090 model dumbbells (10-90 lbs)

Depending on you height you have may have to lift them a bit to get them back on the base. I'm 5'10, and have to lift them a couple inches from my sides to get them on. Not a biggie. The height is not adjustable. In fact nothing is, with the exception of the straps and the rubber feet. You may get an inch if you set them high.

It works perfectly in a corner if you need to maximize space as I did. Overall this was a great purchase and I recommend it for anyone who has this type of weight set.

Get your Bowflex 100300 SelectTech Dumbbell Stand Now!

8 komentar:

  1. I read many reviews that talked about the straps. I had no issue with them. It isn't super tight, but the weights def aren't going anywhere.

    BalasHapus
  2. I purchased the BowFlex 552 dumbbells first assuming it would not be a big deal to place them on the floor for use. I did not realize how much strain on my back and how many times I would bend over in a 45 minute workout adjusting the weights for two people in our home gym. It took about 30 minutes to put the unit together in the living room. The stamped metal tools in the kit are not the greatest; but, I was too lazy to run out the garage to get my regular wrenches.

    This model does not come with wheels, only 4 flat rubber stands with washer/nuts to level it. I looked online and some places wanted up to $10 a wheel + shipping. I took the nut from the stand to Home Depot to double check the size from the bin of caster they have from $5-$7 each (two of the casters I picked have wheel locks). I took me less than 5 minutes to screw in the new casters and adjust the level using the washer/nuts from the rubber stands. Now I can move the weights around as needed for even easier use.

    BalasHapus
  3. very comfortable, very easy to slide dumbbells back in while working out. no need to bent .. my back telling me thank you after workout

    BalasHapus
  4. I was able to purchase the 2013 model at a better price than the 2012 models were going for. My friends and I have compared the two and like the improvements on the 2013 stand, with the lip at the end to hold the barbells in place. Saved money and received a better stand.

    BalasHapus
  5. This is a quality stand that is very simple to assemble. While I also used a socket wrench to assist in the assembly, it could be done with the tools that are provided in the box. It took less than 30 minutes to assemble and is very heavy duty, stable and provides an excellent foundation for the dumbells. Have been using it for a month now and very satisfied with the purchase. Would highly recommend this product.

    BalasHapus
  6. This was a gift with the Select Tech dumbbells set for my boyfriend's birthday, it came a day early.He was really surprised,had no idea I was getting these. and he was impressed when he saw the name Bowflex,def. quality products. thank you for an item that was not only easy to assemble but made to go together,not unmatched holes like on some items you try to assemble. Very pleased ,they work great,do not take up much space @ all.

    BalasHapus
  7. I used it almost every day. The quality of the material they used are extremely high. I know i can use this for a very long time.

    BalasHapus